Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Need to Feed?

A few people have inquired about the eating habits of the walking dead, and I’m here to give you the answer. When I finally accepted my fate as a zombie, I was afraid that I would start developing an unsavory appetite for flesh. Well I haven’t eaten Leo yet and since he’s the only other flesh I’ve been around other then my own, I’m hoping I’m in the clear.

In fact, I haven’t been hungry at all, which according to Jonathan is because my body is no longer going through its normal processes (i.e. blood flow, protein breakdown, burning calories) that lead to hunger.

It’s a shame really…cause I used to love me a good filet, but who knows, maybe I could grow to love a good filet o’ flesh. Heeeere Leo, heeeeere boy…

Seriously speaking though, any zombie experts out there have any suggestions of what I could eat other than the obvious in case I do happen to get hungry???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, unfortunately, as a Zombie, you kinda hafta eat people's brains. I know that sounds awful, but that's what you gotta do. perhaps there is a Zombie colony out there you could join?

Anonymous said...

possessed eh? well, considering that you still have control over typing, perhaps you are undergoing Zombie mood changes?

Anonymous said...

I'm more worried on how Johnathan knows so much about zombies...Sorry about your misfortune though. Also, maybe you don't have to eat people's brains, perhaps go to a butchers place and get some pigs brains or something.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I did some digging around on the web.

In a lot of Zombie stories and folklores, zombies are human bodies which have either been soul-drained, re-animated or controlled by another being.

Zombies lack human consciousness and only have the most basic of instincts. (i.e feeding on human flesh) since these zombies can never fulfill their appetites due to the fact their systems have ceased to function, they go on eating and eating.

However in your situation, I believe it's different. You seem to have full awareness of your situation, therefore you aren't savage enough to go around feeding on people. IF you do get hungry, then I suggest meat, any kind of raw meat. However I don't see a need for you to feed.

I believe the only reason why the living dead go around feeding on other humans is because that is all they know how to do, otherwise I'm sure they'd just walk around aimlessly.

What does concern me however is this matter of losing control over your body.

Along with my last two scenarios, there could be a situation where your spirit is no longer able to keep control of the body. In this situation, the body over powers whatever consciousness that is residing within it. There is a slight chance you could revert to a stereotypical zombie.

However I find that last part least believe able.

There also could be a larger force behind this incident that has sent your soul back into it's body to carry out whatever vengeance it has planned. It could be that this larger force or "puppet master" has decided to try controlling you now that the soul has entered the body.

These are all just theories that I came up with of course.